Thursday, March 6, 2014

my first attempt at putting up pictures.

This is my very first blog.  Since Skip blogs about our farm and really enjoys it, he decided that I would too.  I'm not quite sure if I will or I won't but I'm going to try it and see.  I'm going to share my art and my farm life.  It might not be to your liking and it might.  My art varies from fiber to painting to stained glass.  I'm going to attempt to put up a few pictures of some fiber that I'm working on.  I've been processing our animals fiber all winter long.  I refuse to pay the price that the mills are charging so I've learned (making many mistakes and felting lots of fiber along the way) by watching many you tubes and reading books.  I also did some spinning the past few days. The colored yarn is from our suri "Slugger"  he's white and I've dyed it several different colors.  This yarn has two of the colors and I've plied it with silver thread and sequins.  The white yarn is coltswold sheep.  I fell in love with the long curly locks.  I bought some roving from a lady that raises cotswolds in Whitehall NY.  I thought I would spin some up to see how it turns out.  I think I really like it and hope to  buy a lamb from her this spring.  Don't know how often I'll blog, but I'll try to keep it pretty current.  All my art will be available on line or in our store.  Hope you enjoy my art.
Luke being processed on my drum carder


lock  spun suri with metallic thread and sequins

plying from a single ball

plied on my kromski mazurka

plied cotswold

No comments:

Post a Comment